HISTORY OF THE PLANT
Mechanical shops became the offset of Orsha machine-tool plant “Krasny borets”. They were founded and built on the bank of the river Orshitsa in 1900 by Orsha petty bourgeois I.B. Slavinsky and S.P. Yasinsky. The plant started its history from this very moment.
The first products of mechanical shops were barrels, cisterns, machines and apparatuses for mills and distilleries, stock of agriculture. Shops developed quite quickly and by 1914 they had grown into a small plant. The plant became the main metal working enterprise of the town of Orsha which in 1928 got the name “Mechanical and iron foundry “Krasny borets”.
During the years of industrialization the plant developed impetuously and by 1941 had grown into large industrial enterprise for repairs and manufacturing the agricultural machinery, production of spare parts for them, machine-tool equipment and consumer goods.
The Great Patriotic War interrupted the peaceful labour of plant workers. In the beginning of July 1941 the plant was brought to a stop, the main equipment was dismounted and removed to the town of Rezh of Sverdlovsk region together with the part of workers and their families where in the shortest possible time the output of ammunition for the front needs was arranged.
In 1945 the restoration of completely damaged plant started, where the output of jointing, mortising-milling and drilling machines was arranged.
15 accountable tasks for the largest new building works of the country – Kujbyshevskaya and Kakhovskaya hydraulic electric stations, Volga-Don and Main Turkmen canals were executed in 1951. The nomenclature of output production became wider and created peat extraction mechanized complexes advanced in popularity in economies of Soviet republics.
It is accepted that the modern history of the plant started in 1959 when the first surface grinding machine model 3Б71 was developed and produced. A new era in the history of the plant has started since this period – output of surface grinding machines of high and extra high accuracy. And the plant has been called as a machine-tool plant since and the production of “Krasny borets” has got a worldwide reputation.
In 1966 surface grinding machine of extra high accuracy model 3711 was awarded with the Golden Medal, and in 1967 it was the first one among the metal cutting machines in the USSR to be honoured with the State quality mark.
The history of the foreign deliveries started in 1961 when the first production lot with Orsha mark was shipped to India.
For the great contribution to development of machine building Orsha machine-tool plant “Krasny borets” was awarded with the Order of the Labour Red Banner in 1971.
In the nineties such trends as output of machines of laser cutting, stone processing equipment, machines of small mechanization (sharpeners, abrasive cutting-off, bending machines), wood working machines and tools, equipment for repair works in the railway, crank presses, electromagnetic chucks, hydraulic pumps got progress in the plant. But together with all this, the course to production of grinding precision machines was pursued permanently.
The plant has been a constant participant of the International specialized exhibitions and fairs since 1992 where it shows its new elaborations and modern equipment.
Export continues to be the most important priority of the machine builders’ work. Now the machines of “Krasny borets” work in more than 115 countries of the world.
Ensuring of output quality was, is and will be the base of production competitiveness strategy for the plant yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Motto of the staff is “Quality is the key of the enterprise’s competitiveness and flourishing”.
Many times the enterprise became the laureate of the Republic of Belarus Government Bonus for achievements in the field of quality (2000, 2003, 2006, 2010, 2016), thrice - the laureate of the Republic of Belarus Ministry of Industry Bonus.
Today the main trend of production activities of Orsha machine builders is output of special grinding and milling machines according to the consumers’ orders for fulfillment of the concrete operations in small branch, serial and mass production along with serially produced range of surface grinding and milling machines. A new perspective trend in domestic machine building has got its development: creation of highly automated equipment in possession of technological flexibility and accuracy regardless of the worker’s qualification which allows to solve the tasks of the modern production most definitively, each of them has an original design in which the modern engineering and technological solutions have been implemented.
In 2014 the company was awarded with the Certificate of the Ministry of Industry “Leader of the branch 2014”, the Bonus in nomination “Exporter / importer of the year” was adjudged in the field of foreign economic activities.
In 2016 the staff of the plant was honoured with the title of the Laureate of the All-Russian Bonus “National mark of quality – 2016” with awarding the honorable title “Quality and Reliability Guarantor”.
Machine-tool plant “Krasny borets” is a whole landmark of domestic machine building, one of the largest in the post Soviet space machine building leader in production of metal working equipment.
History of the plant is the history of each member of work collective as a unit inclined onto the mutual goal – effective work. Collective of the plant is proud
of its history and production, and, first of all, of its quality and reliability.